Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bahamian Chateaux

You may think that you can only find a chateau en France, but boy are you wrong.  Just walk down our street and see a few of the special (bizarre) sights we have to behold.  One is bizarre in that it really is not a chateau at all... yet it boasts a self-proclaiming sign etched into its exterior wall.  The other, words cannot even adequately describe its bizarro-ness.  I asked a local what the story was with Cheateau #2 and he just laughed and replied, "Man, I don't know.  That guy's just obsessed with lions or something."  So, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you have all been waiting for: the Bahamian chateaus. 

I would like to enlist the help of many many friends who are fluent in French on this one: does this translate as "Nerve Castle"?  I mean, think it's a valid question...








Yeah... this place is for real.


So there you have it.  A few things you may want to consider if you are thinking about doing any home renovations...  I hear lions are all the rage.


P.S. -- Charlie and I tried to count all the lions on this property one day and there are hundreds.  I only wish I were kidding!

2 comments:

  1. RRRAAARRRR! Lovin' all those lions! Not sure about "Nervee", where do people come up with these things? Now if it were ENERVEE then it would mean annoyed, now that would be funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are those things coming out of their mouths? Scrolls? Hand towels? Perhaps these are butler lions, just waiting for you to wash your hands before offering you a warm towel!

    ReplyDelete