Saturday, November 13, 2010

The past few weeks in photos

It is hard to believe that time our time here is winding down quickly.  We have one week to go until Charlie's final exam, and about 2.5 weeks until we head back to Virginia.  Here are some highlights from the past few weeks:

Cooking and eating lobsters...


Writing "news reports" at school... this one was my personal favorite....

Buying expensive milk... Yep, $7.19 is the cost of a regular old gallon of milk... We're not even talking good organic milk or anything like that, just plain old milk.  Yowzers.

Watching nightly TV on my "sofa bed"... this is what I do every night: I take all the cushions off the couch and build a bed in front of the TV.  Then I plug in headphones so that I don't disturb Charlie.  Every night.  You know where to find me.

And here is what Charlie does every night (and morning and afternoon): Study!!!!!!


We have also been enjoying the new palm trees that were just planted on our beach...



Sometimes we take some oh-so-fun jumping pics on the beach...



We like to walk on the beach and take pics of ourselves down by the jetty...

We are so lucky that there are always beautiful sunsets to enjoy.

I'm still hanging out with my crazy little dudes at school....

Sometimes we take our chairs out to the blacktop to enjoy a nice, long school assembly...

We have certainly been enjoying our matching black denim "Marlboro Man Wild West" jackets donated to us by a teacher at school who thought we might need some warmer clothes for the cooler weather we've been having... Yes, I did say matching: we have two of these gems.

And, in anticipation of Thanksgiving, I taught my kids at school how to draw turkeys...

A big hit, especially since they don't have art at school....


Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment